Re: Paint Gauge Rings and switches

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Gauge Rings and switches
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:08:01 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Greg Dito wrote:

> Chris,

[stuff deleted]

> Try plastic polish for the black plastic parts.  Can't exactly remeber
> the name but comes in a small "liquid wax" squeeze bottle.  Works
> great on any plastic by removing grime and film from the plastic
> surface.  Kind of a rubbing compound for plastic.

One brand is "novus" or "novuus". I haven't used it on black plastic that
I can recall, but I have used it for 20+ years on taillight lenses with
excellent results. There are three grades, #1 fixes a lot of stuff, #2 and
#3 are progressively more agressive. TRF and others sell this brand, I got
some from a mail order speed shop the last time (race parts wholesale, I
think).

> Greg Dito
> CD6250L

Regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |