Re: Paint Gauge Rings and switches

To: <jollycj@pacbell.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Gauge Rings and switches
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:56:03 -0500
Chris,

I tried the following on my gage rings and they came out great, as did the
defroster vents, visor hinge covers and metal rings around the vent eyeballs.
Once I had the metal parts separated they were bead blasted then powdercoated
satin black.  It was part of a much larger powdercoating job so the cost is
unknown for just those items.

Try plastic polish for the black plastic parts.  Can't exactly remeber the name
but comes in a small "liquid wax" squeeze bottle.  Works great on any plastic
by removing grime and film from the plastic surface.  Kind of a rubbing
compound for plastic.

Greg Dito
CD6250L