Re: Revington TR

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Revington TR
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:22:07 -0800 (PST)
Michael,

I'm a bit confused as to why your second point would be a reason to
stay AWAY from the one-piece bracket type conversions.  The lever arms
transfer all the loads to the chassis, and the tube shocks (using the
one-piece brackets) do the exact same thing.  If the chassis could deal
with the loads exerted by the levers, there's no reason it can't handle
the loads exerted by the tubes, as they are identical.

The only potential problem would occur in the instance where the tube
shock bumb stop is setup such that the shock is bottoming before the OE
bumpstops (on the chassis and trailing arm) are bottoming.  In this
case, there would be an extreme load transferred to the shock mounting
points on the chassis, which would not have occurred when using the
lever arm shocks.  But as long as the tube shocks are properly spec'd
(ie: the bumpstops in the shocks are set up such that the shock never
bottoms, because the OE bumpstops bottom first), this should never
happen.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html