Supercharged TR6

To: "'Mitchel Seff'" <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: Supercharged TR6
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:17:13 -0500
Good morning Mitch and all.  A friend of mine and I successfully talked
another buddy into entering the world of Triumph ownership the other day.
The poor guy was without LBC - can you believe it?  He is now the proud
owner of a 1974 French Blue TR6 with what I guess is a 2" SU, although don't
hold me to that.

Anyway, I recalled that you had a supercharged TR and Glenn, the new owner,
purchased a supercharged car as well.  The car is also not running terribly
well right now - it will die unless the choke is pulled out about 2/3 of the
way at all times.  The supercharger looks to be an Eaton and it an SU carb
attached to it.  Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to look it over for
more than a few minutes, and I also am better versed in ZS's than SU's, so I
am turning to you and the collective wisdom of the list to see if there is
something that jumps out we should check?

It appears to me, in my small recess upstairs, that the car must be running
lean and the first thing to do would be to richen (sp?) it up a bit.  The
adjustment method is a nut on the bottom of the carb?

Other than that, vacuum leaks?

Anything else come to mind?

Thanks,

R. Ashford Little II