Headers

To: <DaCRANEz@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Headers
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:25:20 -0800
Whilst I am awaiting the return of my sixes engine from the machine shop I
am
pondering a set of headers (stainless) .  As the TR is a 1971 model it has
the single outlet manifold. What options do I have as far as a replacement.
hate to replace the entire system as it is fairly new.  All catalogues that
have only list headers for '72 on dual outlet system.  I am raising the CR
9.5to1 and installing a PI spec cam. Also roller rockers. These improvements

may be all for naught if it can't breathe. ........

Mike,

Your exhaust will only flow as well as the most restrictive portion.  I can
understand your reticence replacing something that is fairly new, but the
stock single outlet system was not the most efficient system and using it
may not allow your engine to reach its full potential.  I believe that all
the PI cars had dual-pipe systems.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6