Re: One more Gunst question

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: One more Gunst question
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:36:56 -0500
Hi John,

My understanding from Joachim Gunst is that adding the sliding blocks
was a minor reliability improvement. I never got the impression that it
was a significant improvement, or that there is any significant problem
with the older design that does not use sliding blocks.

I have two Gunst bearings. One is the new design with a wider groove in
the sleeve to be used with sliding blocks, and the other is the old
narrow groove design that does not use sliding blocks. I will use one on
my TR250 and the other on a TR6 I am getting.

Don Malling