Re: Question about 6-Pack

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about 6-Pack
From: Mark Creamer <mcreamer@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:25:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Hi everyone,
I think an explanation is in order. 2 or 3 years ago, I volunteered to take on
the responsibility of Membership Secretary, taking over from Bev Floyd, who
after many years of service to the club decided to "retire."

That, like many decisions, was done with the best of intentions, and indeed I
enjoy it greatly. I receive many good wishes from members by mail, email, and
in person. These are people who genuinely love the TR250 and 6, and appreciate
the hours of volunteerism that keep the hobby alive through our club.

Abount a year ago, a serious personal issue that I will not discuss cropped up
in my family. As the pressure from that issue increased in my life, I like most
people faced with such a thing, had to begin prioritizing. I missed a lot of
work, and fortunately, I work for a very understanding and supportive company.

6-PACK, much to my own personal disappointment, started to get further behind
in my daily schedule. Being a proud person, I tend to keep things like that to
myself, and work towards a solution. What I should have done, though, is
brought it to our chairman's attention so I could get some assistance.

Now, the good news is that things are falling into place once again. I believe
members will begin to notice an increase in service level from those of us that
work to keep this thing humming. I am caught up on my membership duties, and
that includes a recent very large mailing that I sent out to all members that
were due that from me. I believe Hugh's is among them, but I will verify that
tonight.

Regarding the newsletter, Corey has been doing a (IMHO) outstanding job
publishing a professional journal and each one that comes out not only raises
the bar in quality, but gets us closer to our normal quarterly schedule. I
don't know how he does it, but I highly value his work and attention to detail.

I encourage all of you, not just members, to visit our new website as well.
Mike Brinker has created one of the finest club sites I've ever seen.

So, all in all, I look to put this unfortunate chapter in my life behind me,
and get on to the things I truly enjoy, and 6-PACK is first and foremost on
that list.

Thanks Hugh for bringing this up in the first place, as I had been meaning to
send out a note to the group.

Best wishes, and happy TR-ing (It's gonna be 61 deg here Sunday!!)

Mark Creamer
6-PACK Membership Secretary