Re: Mating British Car parts...

To: ms6453@optonline.net
Subject: Re: Mating British Car parts...
From: Jay Welch <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:50:59 GMT
If I recall correctly, I placed a 2x4 (the 1.5 inch dimension)between the head
and firewall and then took most of the weight off the jack.  This provided a
comfortable angle to slide the transmission on by myself.

Jay Welch
Abington, MA
TR6s
Member Cape Cod British Car Club CCBCC http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

-- Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net> wrote:
Vance,
I assumed from what you described the engine is in the car. If so I have
had the same problem ( my 50 year old body also let me know get this
done soon ) . I found that with the engine supported only by the engine
mounts it angled down just enough as to not line up. I eyeballed it
before and couldn't see it but it's off. As soon as I put a jack under
the oil pan (gently) & raised the tail end of the engine 1 ot 2 inches
it went in immediately. I usually trust my ability to line things up by
sight but this is deceiving. Give it a try.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.