RE: Tire poll

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire poll
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 17:27:56 -0800
 Gerry:

        The original tires on my '74 TR6 were 185-15 Michelin red lines.
The equivalent size today would be 185/80-15 (At that time, an aspect
ratio of 80 was assumed unless otherwise specified - says so right
on the Tire Rack Web page)
        You should try to keep the overall diameter close to stock for
handling and speedometer accuracy. For the tires discussed here:

      Size            Tire + Wheel
                      Diameter
        185-15          26.6"   74 TR6 Original Equip
        205/70-15       26.3"
      205/60-15       24.7"
      205/60-16       25.7"
      165-15          25.4"

        If someone wants a 60 series tire, then going to a 16"
wheel would be a good idea to keep the rolling size closer to
stock. One could argue that going to a 17" wheel would be
even better, although I don't know how the aesthetics would
compare.

                Cheers,

                Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6