RE: Fumes

To: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fumes
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 07:54:59 -0800
        Robert (not Bob):

        When you drive, you are getting a low pressure region behind the
car. This fills with exhaust fumes and these are in turn pulled into the
car. Be certain that your trunk weather stripping is good, and that the
trunk lid is getting a good seal.
        Are you running a non-stock exhaust? Depending on the exit
location of the exhaust tips, you can create a problem with non-stock
exhaust.
        The problem may be worse because you are running rich(?) . You
mentioned the exhaust dirt, which sounds like a rich mixture...

        Just some thoughts....

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom