RE: Breather Hoses

To: "Buzz Osborn" <bosborn@americanbank.com>
Subject: RE: Breather Hoses
From: "k6na@cts.com" <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 06:56:45 -0700 (PDT)
Buzz Osborn writes:
>Hello all,
>
>I am replacing the old rubber hoses in my '75, and I was curious if any of
>you have found suitable generic replacements in local parts stores,

Buzz,
I recall I had reasonable luck finding most of it at NAPA and maybe some
more at Kragen, Pep Boys, or a couple other places... take along your sample
pieces (cut your old ends off cleanly and/or make accurate measurements).
Don't go according to just the "dimension" written on the outside of the
various tubings.
I think NAPA had it in bulk rolls, and they just sold by the foot.  NAPA
also has various packages of plastic caps for capping off vacuum lines, etc.
which are handy to have for tuning or experimenting.

Good Luck,
Glenn/San Diego 74, 74.5