RE: 74 TR6 Keys

To: "B&C Chamness" <cchamness@indy.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 74 TR6 Keys
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:57:39 -0700
        Chuck:

        I too received my car with a single ignition key, and have been
adding the keys
for the various locks over time.
        Trunk lock: Replaced the barrel with the Moss replacement. It
was $12.00 and
wasn't rusty. To have a locksmith cut a key from scratch is $25, so I
just replaced it.
        Door locks: Pulled them from the door and took them to a
locksmith. There was a code
stamped on the side, so he could cut them simply by looking them up in a
book. $25 +
$3 for each additional key.
        Glove box: Couldn't get a black replacement lock, so pulled that
lock and handed it to
the locksmith. The code he read couldn't be found in his book (it was
very difficult to
read, so perhaps he simply had the wrong number). He had me leave the
lock for a couple of days,
and when I came back he had cut some keys for me that worked great. $25
+ $3 for each extra key.
        Ignition: I have one crappy key for it. You have to fuss with it
to get it to turn,
as it is not an original key. I plan to pull the lock and hand it to the
locksmith. If there
is a code, great. If not, well, that's why he is paid the big bucks...
He has the blanks, as
I showed him the key. He offered to cut a copy, but I declined. I told
him I would be
bringing him the lock instead.

        Vance