Distributor installation

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor installation
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 00:08:28 +0000
Hello List:

Today I embarked on what I thought would be the quick removal of my old
distributor and replacement with a rebuilt unit.  I've had a devil of a time
getting the two teeth of the new distributor to seat properly so that the
hold down clamp and pinch bolt can be tightened.  It seems that I end up
with a loose and free spinning rotor when I finally get everything clamped
down.  Shaft length is the same for both distributors.

I hope that you have some tips for me.  I thought that the new distributor
might have a problem so I attempted to reinstall the old one with the same
results.  Help!

Side questions: Should the rotor be pointing at cylinder terminal #1 when
the timing wheel is at TDC?  It seems that the two teeth on the distributor
shaft only seat about 1/2 way in the slots if everything is properly
installed.  Is this correct?

Your input is very much appreciated.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6