Swap meet offerings -- was Re: Surrey Glass

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Swap meet offerings -- was Re: Surrey Glass
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 07:57:59 -0700
Kai brought up an interesting point.  I was at the Dixon Show and swap meet
(outside Sacramento, CA) last weekend and noticed the swap portion was also
similar.  It was about 1/2 as big as a year or two ago, and in years past I
landed a number of treasures and good deals.  This year, there were lots of
empty spaces, some good things (didn't need them, though) and a lot of
junkier things... course, one man's junk is another's treasure, I suppose.

As I didn't enter my daily driver in with the show queens, I really didn't
have much to stay for after walking the paddock and the swap meet a couple
of times.  Arrived at 915, left at 1145.....   Nice drive tho'

I think Ebay is replacing the local swaps, and people are pricing their
offerings at the higher side of E-Bay sales prices....

Ken
So San Francisco
73 '6  CF7000U0