Re: Carby Running rich! question

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carby Running rich! question
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:40:48 -0700
First off, many thanks to the posters who provided advice and experience for
me.

What a job; new float valves in the carb didn't help (well maybe, we'll
watch over the next week), so attention went to the fuel pump.  Culprit.
After pulling it out and using a long 6ft+  gravity feed to ensure fuel got
there, I found the pump to be leaking in thru the rocker arm.  Bought an
aftermarket electric pump, and finally got it in.  Compounded my problems as
when I was slightly bending/realigning the fuel line across the engine
front, I fractured a very old, rusty spot.  So, I had to fix that also.  To
the chase --- New pump is in, no leaks, carb's back on, no leaks (well not
yet anyway), timing set to spec, dwell set to spec, and this afternoon I'll
take a little run down the coast and check it out.

again, thanks all for the advice and help

Ken
So San Francisco CA