RE: Conv Top

To: "'Dale'" <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>, "'6 pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Conv Top
From: "Rick & Lori" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:17:29 -0400
Dale--If you are referring to the curved metal plate that is bolted to the
rear deck directly beneath the top, no glue is necessary (but I see no
reason you couldn't use glue).  Your replacement top should have a pocket
sewn in beneath the piping on the rear deck.  Just slide the plate in the
pocket and punch new holes (in the appropriate locations of course!) through
the top and screw in the male snaps.  Since the holes in my plate were
stripped, I used small stainless machine screws/nuts/washers to attach the
snaps.

This is a good operation for the kitchen table.

Good luck.

Rick O.