Cleaning rusty TR6 seat frames

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Cleaning rusty TR6 seat frames
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:01:30 -0400
Does anyone have any suggestion for a replacement for the roller spring
that provides some resistance for the head rests on a 73 -76 TR6? It
fits in the seat frame and holds the head rest shaft in position.

Also these seat frames are very rusty. I've freed up the reclining
mechanism with PB blaster, but they are very rusty, and with the two or
three layers of metal that comprise the reclining hinge mechanism, it's
not clear to me how to get all the rust out.

I thought maybe the Electrolysis method with laundry soda and a battery
charger might be the answer. Any opinions out there? Anyone tried it or
have any other ideas?

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/Electrolysis.htm

Thanks,

Don Malling