RE: Which clutch for Gunst bearing?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Which clutch for Gunst bearing?
From: Ryan van Luchene <Ryan.van.Luchene@celeradiagnostics.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 17:35:04 -0700
I've had so many problems with bearings in the past. it's a more common
problem than you think. the gunst is a godsend. a quality part very well
worth the money. the toyota bearing never worked for me. i've had 3 of them
fail on me in less than 1000 miles. i've had the gunst in for over 5000 and
it's been the best bearing setup i've ever had. the pedal isn't so heavy
now either, nice when you're commuting in heavy traffic. the $110 i spent
on a gunst bearing FAR outweighs the cost, hassle and time of taking out
the damn gearbox to put in another piece of crap bearing that's gonna start
squealing and sticking in 500 miles. diffrent strokes for diffrent folks?
that;s my personal experience and opinion...

ryan
71 tr6
san francisco

by the way i use the sachs pressure plate too, but i wouldnt hesitate to
use B&B or LUK either. the buckeye triumphs site explains all. every
tr250/6 owner, clutch problems or not, should read those articles.