Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Driveshaft Bolt - Grade Needed
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:28:46 -0400
Hi Kai,

I don't read UK bolt heads well, but I have 8 new drive shaft bolts from
TRF made in UK. The heads read A R B across the "top" with a T at 6:00.
They are also a goldish pinkish color which I believe is an indication
of grade 8 maybe???

Can anyone refer me to a web site that will make me a UK bolt head reader?

And thanks for trying to get these bolts. TRF has been backordered for
months, and I understand Moss is also.

Don Malling

Kai M. Radicke wrote:
> Does anyone know the suitable modern grade (SAE Grade 8, etc) for the TR6
> driveshaft bolts?
>
> I received some in today from a supplier that specializes in auto hardware,
> they had a cross reference to the TR6 bolts, and what I received were grade
> 5 and in my view the quality of these bolts is inferior to the original used
> driveshaft bolts I have laying around.
>
> Moss and TRF backordered until who knows when... thus I need to know the
> correct grade.  The original bolts only have the markings "BA" on their
> heads, I'm assuming this is for British Association threads... but other
> than that, the guys at Fastenal and I have no clue what the correct grade
> should be used.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kai

Check out the new British Cars Forum: