Something new about tires....???

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Something new about tires....???
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:16:17 EDT
Hello all...

Thought this might be an interesting and DIFFERENT topic for the lists...

While waiting for SWMBO to finish some shopping at my local COSTCO this
morning, I wandered into the tire shop. I saw a large green sign that read
something to the effect...We are now using NITROGEN in all of our tires
installed
here.....

I asked the salesman about it. He said it was the latest and greatest.
Something to the effect of the larger nitrogen molecules not leaking through
the
rubber and rim (?). The tires hold the nitrogen longer and only need checking
only a couple of times a year. Also something about nitrogen not holding water
as
'regular' air does. And something about nitrogen not expanding when heated by
friction etc. as 'regular' air does therefore tire pressure remains
constant....And so on and so forth...
He said COSTCO was the first to offer this on a mass marketing effort...

FWIW....
Larry M
CD5182L with regular ole' air....sort of....

Check out the new British Cars Forum: