I can't put it back that way...

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: I can't put it back that way...
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 08:27:24 -0400
I have had the shipwrights disease warnings, and I know the road to
automotive hell begins with the subject phrase.

However, not being content to just change my oil & filter, I think my tappet
gaps need adjusting as there is a little too much tickety-tick coming from
my engine. So now I have my valve cover off and, well, ....yuck!  The top of
the head is kind of caked up with carbon and old oil. I can't put it back
this way, can I?

What does the group recommend as a maintenance procedure?
I was considering adding that oil line to the top of the head, but I am not
sure now.  I do not think I want to disturb any of that old junk unless I go
all the way and clean it all up. What do you guys think?

Regards,
John Cyg
CC52927LO

Check out the new British Cars Forum: