RE: Volt Gauge

To: <mike5499@email.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Volt Gauge
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:25:50 -0700
Mike,

Unless there are two versions of '72 there is no voltage gauge in that
model.  Mine has an Ammeter and has Brown/white from the Alternator and
a Brown wire running to the starter motor.  Both of these wires go other
places also but the main wires are these two.

A voltmeter can be connected to almost any source of power but I think
I'd look at one of the switched fuses for the "+" side and take the "-"
side to any convenient ground point.  Under the dash look for a Green
wire.  One place (if memory serves) is the "spare" terminal on the
Voltage Stabilizer (mounted on the Speedo). I know there is an extra
lug, just can't remember if it was the input or output from the
stabilizer).

If you don't have Dan's book, look at:
http://www.britishv8.org/techhome.htm go to the electrical tab and
download the wiring diagram.

Stephen Hanselman

Subject: Volt Gauge

I am trying to hook up the volt gauge in my 72 TR6

Thanks,
Mike V

Check out the new British Cars Forum: