Re: Gunst Bearing kit--HPGN1

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Gunst Bearing kit--HPGN1
From: "Jay Welch" <jay_welch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:10:43 GMT
I remember speaking to a very well respected British Car Shop proprietor
(mostly MGs)in our area a couple of years ago and he mentioned that was was a
very common practice to heat a pot of grease to a liquid consistency and drop
the release bearings in for a little bath. I have no idea what type of grease
was used.  If I recall correctly, the RHP is not a sealed type bearing like the
Toyota or Gunst.

Jay Welch, Abington Massachusetts, TR6s

-- tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor) wrote:

 "loose" bearing (RHP or others) will certainly spin easier, but
could
also indicate that the grease is gone, and the next phase is bearing
disintegration.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: