Re: Roll Bar

To: John Korsak <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: Roll Bar
From: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:49:14 -0700
The description below sounds precisely like my feeble
memories of installing a rollbar in our 74 a long ago.
..don't try to bolt it on top of the carpet....

    http://www.norcal-saac.org/triumph/pa060008.jpg

Both the HT and the softop work fine, but then this is
a 20-something-year-old rollbar,  but the install sounds
exactly like John describes.

Walt
-----

John Korsak wrote:
> I purchased my roll bar at a VTR convention a couple of years ago.  I
> installed it in my 74 with only one modification to the seat belt mechanism.
> I had to move the seat belt retractor about 2" toward the rear of the car.
> I used a new piece of 1/4" steel (3"x3") as reinforcement in the wheel well.
> My roll bar has a L shaped flange on the main bar that mounts on the front
> edge of the parcel shelf (rear seat) and the reinforcement  bars  mount with
> a flat flange near the rear of the parcel shelf.  The top works fine and the
> roll bar looks good.  The seat belts work OK, but not as smooth as they did
> when the retractor was vertical with the pivot point guide.
>
> The picture in the Moss catalog on line is obviously a mistake, as it shows
> the roll bar being mounted on top of the wheel well and not on the parcel
> shelf.  It also is not a TR 6.
>
> John K

Check out the new British Cars Forum: