RE: Roll Bar

To: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Roll Bar
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:53:22 -0500
I purchased my roll bar at a VTR convention a couple of years ago.  I
installed it in my 74 with only one modification to the seat belt mechanism.
I had to move the seat belt retractor about 2" toward the rear of the car.
I used a new piece of 1/4" steel (3"x3") as reinforcement in the wheel well.
My roll bar has a L shaped flange on the main bar that mounts on the front
edge of the parcel shelf (rear seat) and the reinforcement  bars  mount with
a flat flange near the rear of the parcel shelf.  The top works fine and the
roll bar looks good.  The seat belts work OK, but not as smooth as they did
when the retractor was vertical with the pivot point guide.

The picture in the Moss catalog on line is obviously a mistake, as it shows
the roll bar being mounted on top of the wheel well and not on the parcel
shelf.  It also is not a TR 6.

John K

---