Re: Recommendations for breaking in new TR6 engine

To: me@jasonwgeorge.ca
Subject: Re: Recommendations for breaking in new TR6 engine
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:26:10 -0700
Jason---For reasons unclear to me, synthetic oils that you decided on
are not recommended during the break-in of our engines. (Some new car
engines with specs tighter than our TR's come with synthetic oil in
their crank cases)
Otherwise, your engine should not require anything special during the
break-in period. It is written by those who know more than me, to give
it a total initial running time of about 20 minutes to work-harden the
cam lobes. Keep the rpm between1500 and 2000 during these minutes. Try
not to look up any Mustangs until you have a couple hundred miles on the
odometer.

Dick

Check out the new British Cars Forum: