Re: Glass channel replacement

To: ms6453@optonline.net (Mitchel Seff), BMD2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Glass channel replacement
From: Acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:19:41 -0400
Tom & Mitch,

As you mentioned Mitch the reinstall is the most fun.  I just did this last
weekend and I like Dick's suggestion but didnt know about it at the time.  My
problem was that the black plastic spacer would always push the pin at a very
difficult angle and I then couldnt push the pin through.  My solution was to
take a utility knife and cut a notch on the inside portion of the spacer.  The
notch is deep enough and wide enough to allow the spacer to slide on without
pushing the pin out of alignment.  Next I used a putty knife to slide between
the spacer and door handle/window winder and push the pin into place.  Worked
on the first try with the door handle and the third try with the window winder.
 Your mileage may vary.

Cheers,

Aaron Cropley
Topsham, Maine