RE: One thing after another

To: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@twmi.rr.com>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: One thing after another
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:12:30 -0800
        Bob:

        Find a radiator shop in the yellow pages. They will repair it
and paint it for
muuuuch less than buying one some place.
        You didn't say how big the hole is, but they normally just
solder them using
plumbers solder. You can do it yourself if you are into cheap. But since
you will need to drain
and remove the radiator anyway, might as well have it descaled and
repainted. And for
a few dollars they will install a drain petcock for you so that you
don't need
to pull of a hose to drain the stupid thing. Much neater that way.
        My radiator overhaul (resoldered a broken strap, descaled,
rodded, and painted) cost
$70. Looks like new. I used a local outfit, "Aloha Radiator Repair". No
complaints.

        Vance