Re: oil gallery plugs

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>, <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: Re: oil gallery plugs
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:06:26 -0500
I've just sent my block off. I removed all freeze plugs and oil gallery
plugs. If the shop hasn't done a TR6 before, they might not know. Only the
freeze plugs are obvious. I don't plan on reusing most of them, since they
didn't come out without striping out the hex socket.  Some required drilling
out and use of a bolt extractor. This was easier than it sounds and they
came out cleanly. Use an extractor drill just a little larger than the hex
socket hole. Since it will be "boiled out" using a professional engine
cleaner that uses a high-pressure stream of cleaning fluid, all chips will
be washed out, particularly with the plugs removed. IMHO :-)
Jerry