Re: Gallery Plugs

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gallery Plugs
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:21:41 -0500
There is one large one on the back side as Mike states. The parts catalogue
that I have reads that there are 6 each 118686 gallery plugs, but it is
useless for determining their location, since there are two under the engine
mount casting and only one hole is shown. See AH12  in TRF's parts list. The
only one I didn't remove, PS1103, is called the plug, core, oil gallery,
front. Mike's advice is sound, and remove anything requiring a hex wrench.
Get new ones, they're 65 cents apiece.

As to the freeze plugs, a couple have cast iron rims behind them, so
drilling along the edge won't work. I punched all of them in the center
using a sharp steel tapered punch to create a hole large enough accomodate a
3/8" self-taping screw, and yanked them out with a crow-bar hooked under the
screw head.

Jerry