Does anyone have and use an original factory hardtop?

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Does anyone have and use an original factory hardtop?
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:21:54 -0800
My wife has one for her '72 and really loves it.   It is one of the few
hardtops that really look like they were designed to enhance the car
image rather than just added as an after thought.   It has much better
visability than the soft top and is very nice in the cooler months.
Putting it on and taking it off isn't that big of a deal after you have
had it on once and gotten it to fit right and figured out the hardware.
  It usually takes us about 20 minutes now that we know what we are
doing.  We always take the soft top completely off.  It just makes it
much easier to install and leaves a lot of very useable room in the back
seat area.   The only problem we have with fit is that the curve of the
top of the side windows does not match the flatter curve of the top
which leaves a gap of about 1/2 inch at the back of the doors but this
is still protected by most of the gasket so it really isn't a big
issue.. other than not looking perfect.
We see it as a really nice option to have.

Bill & Sandy Hook
'72 TR6