RE: Does anyone have and use an original factory hardtop?

To: <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Does anyone have and use an original factory hardtop?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:32:03 -0000
Joseph Grant wrote:
You mentioned your hard top is black.  Did all tops come painted a different
colour from the rest of the car?  I am wondering.  My top will require
paint, so this would be an excellent time to figure this out.  Do I need to
personal choice; I was thinking of painting it the same colour as the body.

>From the time the TR6 was introduced in 1969, if the hardtop was ordered as
a 'line fit' to the car, it was always painted in the car's body colour. The
same applied to Spitfires.
However, many hardtops were supplied to dealers as an aftermarket fit
through the Parts Division. These were usually painted in primer and then
later sprayed the same or another colour to suit owner preference.

Jonmac

"In the Shadow of my Father" aka "Life at Triumph"
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook

---