Re: Removing original style oil filter

To: rmcbride@twmi.rr.com
Subject: Re: Removing original style oil filter
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:20:50 EST
In a message dated 11/22/04 6:51:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rmcbride@twmi.rr.com writes:

> OK  anyone care to share the secret of how you get the original style oil
> filter out of the car,,,  Do you have to remove the engine or just the
> body???
> I tried to do it today and it took so long to even get the bolt out that it
> got dark and I gave up....  Seems the fuel line/filter and the oil pressure
> switch are in the way do you guys remove them???  Bob

Yep, isn't that something!  The truth is the canister itself does not come
out unless you start removing the fuel pump, steering column, frame, body etc.
But you can maneuver just the filter cartridge out from the bottom if you don't
mind getting oil in your face. And of course once you have the new cartridge
in after a point you have to tighten that nut 1 flat at a time!  This works
easier from the top. This is the one thing that makes me want to go "SPIN ON."
But being a purist I put up with it.  I also only change the filter every two
years or so.
I know your pain,
Darrell