Re: Dizzy Question

To: trguy@cfl.rr.com (James Henningsen)
Subject: Re: Dizzy Question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:05:39 -0800
Jim---TRF's catalogue shows three different units, based on year model,
for the six engine. I can't tell you what all of the differences would
be, but suspect some are in the ignition timing curve, and of course the
early one has both ignition advance and retard.  I  think any of them
will bolt in any of the six cylinder engines, and probably run OK, when
using only the centrifugal advance for the timing.

Compare the two units you have, side by side. Look for any obvious
difference.  Be sure the oil pump gets turned by the drive dog on the
new distributor, set the pedestal clearance, etc.

Dick