Re: Whole Bunch of TR250 stuff going on

To: Original Music <originalmusic@adelphia.net>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Whole Bunch of TR250 stuff going on
From: Ed Bratt <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:04:25 -0600
Bob:

Nice TR 250.  Lucky it is not rusted badly.

I had a Mazda truck, just a daily driver, that had a hole or two in the
drivers side floor and up into the fenderwell.  I had agreed to sell the
truck and was cleaning it out for delivery to the buyer.  That is when I
discovered the holes.  I searched around for a couple of pieces of
galvanized sheet metal, and rushed over to Canadian tire to get a pail of
roofing tar.  Once back home I cut and bent some of the sheet metal to fit,
both inside and out.  Then I tarred the floor surfaces, and tapped the sheet
metal into the tar with a hammer.  Next, I drilled holes through the sheet
metal and the floor it sandwiched, and pop riveted everything into place.
Then I buttered the whole repair with roofing tar to match the undercoat.

I called the buyer, and told him what I had done.  He came over, took a look
at my repair, and bought the truck.  Good fix for a Mazda, but hardly proper
on a Triumph.

Ed