Re: Dizzy Question

To: trguy@cfl.rr.com, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Dizzy Question
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 00:19:16 EST
The 41352 model was specific to the 1971 model year. I has a different
advance curve than your earlier unit.  The static timing for the 41202 is 12
deg
BTDC and for the 41352 is 4 deg BTDC. They both call for dynamic timing of 4
deg
ATDC with vacuum retard blocked. The big difference is in the cetrifigal
advance curves.  At 3000 rpm the maximum advance on the 41202 is 22 deg at the
crank versus 30 degrees for 41352. You may run into an over advance problem
with
the 41352.  Others may be able to elabotate more on this subject.  I know that
Berry Price sleeved his posts to limit advance.  There is much detailed info
in the Bentley Manual-pp.511 thru 517.Hope this helps.
Mike C  '71 TR6