Trailer recommendations desired

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trailer recommendations desired
From: "Paul G. Edelstein" <pgedelstein@capitaltriumphregister.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:02:11 -0400
Good afternoon, all.

I am considering purchasing a trailer to transport my TR6 (or TR8, for that
matter) to the TRF party and other events.  I am thinking open, inexpensive,
but with 2 axles, brakes (of course) , and dovetail.  I will probably use the
trailer once or twice a year only, so I don't see any point to spending the
big bucks.  There is a continuous supply of seemingly suitable open trailers
in Ebay stores for about $950 to $1200.  However, all of these are in the deep
south or midwest, so shipping or pickup becomes infeasible.  There seem to be
few, if any, available second hand (locally).

Range Rover is fully equipped to tow, but I need to install an brake
controller.  I'm not sure whether to go with the progressive type or the more
expensive and larger pendulum type.

As before, comments, suggestions, feedback, reassurances, horror stories, in
any combination, would be appreciated!  Also, can anyone recommend a
reasonable dealer in the Washington, DC metro area?

Cheers,

Paul E.Annandale, VA
71 TR6 Damson CC67060
80 TR8 Aqua TPVDV8AT210430
98 Range Rover 4.6 Niagara Gray SALPV1444WA403669