Head gasket question

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head gasket question
From: jeff m <jmackd1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 22:40:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
I have a question on head gasket. I have a small oil
leak running from the head gasket. Engine runs fine
but i always thought if head gasket fails you see oil
in the radiator fluid or you have radiator fluid in
the oil. You can tell by bubbling in the radiator with
the engine running or if you pull the dipstick and you
have crud all over it. I have neither. I have a '75
TR6, engine has never been touched, has 107000 ( i
think), doesn't smoke and uses about a quart of oil
every 3000 miles. Can a head gasket leak oil without
any other symptoms? Do i just need to tighten down the
cylinder head bolts?

TIA,
jeff
'75 TR6
(met my new girlfriend after seeing me and car doing
90mph down I -35 , top down and having a ball,
overdrive on)