RE: Mallory distributors and electronic tachmeters

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>,
Subject: RE: Mallory distributors and electronic tachmeters
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:08:20 -0700
        Dick:

        I would think that setting the timing to 24 BTDC would make the
car very hard to start. Conversely setting the timing to 10 BTDC will
make it easy to start, but will cost power.

        The correct thing to do is to fix the mechanical advance, and
use the 10 BTDC number (vacuum disconnected). While I have never seen
it, I have been told that the grease in the dizzy dries out, the bob
weights stick, and the mechanical advance stops working.

        Cheers,

        Vance