RE: Stock Deck Clearance

To: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stock Deck Clearance
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:14:13 -0700
        Nick:

        Kas Kastner in his competition manual says most TR6s are about
0.017" recessed. You should not need to worry about this however. Just
tell your machinist you want the block "Zero decked" and he will measure
it and get it exactly right.
        My machinist decked my block and then recut the grooves for me.
I used the later head gasket, and so far no issues.

        Vance