RE: TR250 door trim pieces

To: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: TR250 door trim pieces
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:00:47 -0700
        Andy:

        The external stainless trim strips are a snap fit over steel
"buttons" that are pop riveted to the body (at least that is how they
work on the TR6). Use a small piece of wood as a fulcrum and to spread
the load across a broad area, then use a small screw driver to pry up
one end of the trip strip. *IF* done gently, the strip end will pop free
of the body and can be GENTLY pulled up by hand until the entire length
has snapped free of the buttons. You can then reinstall the strip by
positioning it over the buttons and pressing firmly with the heel of
your hand. It should snap back into place, no muss, no fuss.
        If hand pressure is not enough, you can use a rubber hammer to
tap the strip into place, tapping the trim in each location where a
button resides.

        Vance