Re: Fire Rings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fire Rings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:55:01 -0700
Stan---Two things here. The gasket's ring ID is larger than the OD of
the pistons. Plus the top of the pistons, down to the first ring land,
is about .030 smaller than the major OD of the pistons. None of this is
very noticeable to the (older) naked eye, but there it is.

Dick

From:
stan.foster@hp.com(Foster, Stan)

This is probably a stupid question but wth..
If zero decking means bringing the top of the block to the same height
as the pistons, if you then re-cut the recesses and put the later gasket
on, what stops the pistons from hitting the gasket ring that goes into
the recess ?
Stan