Potentiometer Span?

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Potentiometer Span?
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:50:43 -0400
So what span should I expect from the dash light potentiometer?  I have one
of the ceramic wire wound ones.  It looks like I have 1-5 ohms with an open
position.  Somehow this does not seem right?

John Cyg.

PS. Yes I know I can jumper it out of the circuit because I will never want
to dim the dash lights anyway.  I am putting myself though all of this
because I just want all the original equipment to work. The potentiomenter
knob is so prominent that is seems like it ought to do something.  Maybe
when I do my spare dash up I'll modify it accept Smith's manifold vacuum
gauge and do away with the dash light adjust all together!