Re: Potentiometer Span?

To: "Alex Manzo" <ambritts@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Potentiometer Span?
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 07:07:40 -0400
Hi Alex,

Yes my dash lights are being replaced as well. I know I have an issue with
the potentiometer because it is intermmittent.  I pilled it out and the
wiper is somewhat corroded. So I will clean this one up.  I have another old
potentiometer. I don't trust it but it seems to work. I hooked it up to my
VOM and I get open, then a 1-5ohm span.  When I took the other one apart I
put it on the VOM and full span it also seems to have a 5ohm reading. This
is probably the right answer.  I just am looking for a little consensus.

John Cyg.