Rocker oil supply line

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker oil supply line
From: "Rudnicki, Steve" <Steve.Rudnicki@gdcanada.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:29:35 -0400
I fitted a rocker oil supply line after an engine rebuild.  I actually
removed it as I found I was getting way too much oil under the valve
cover.

My assessment was that if you have a rebuilt engine (or a non-worn
engine) with a good oil pump, clear galleries and new bearings you don't
need the oil line.  I've found that oil starvation of the rocker train
is most likely caused by the keeper screw backing out (check the sump)
allowing the rocker tube to rotate and close off the oil supply (ask me
how I know).

So while the oil line looks cool, I don't think it adds value and in
fact is potentially detrimental as it robs the main bearings of oil.

Anybody want a rocker oil supply kit cheap?

Cheers,

Steve Rudnicki

CF30348U

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain
confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the
exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot
be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.