Re: Rocker oil supply line

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Subject: Re: Rocker oil supply line
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:43:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Kai M. Radicke wrote:

stuff deleted

> What I would love to see, and maybe what I'll try in the future sometime, is
> to run a smaller feed line to the front of the rocker shaft in order to try
> and equalize the pressure and flow of oil the entire length of the shaft.
> Someday... like half of my other pet projects.

I can't recall the source, but I recall seeing a picture of a British
engine modified for the oil feed on the center of the rocker shaft as
opposed to one end or the other. For the life of, I cannot recall where.
But I do recall thinking "that's kool. We should do that on TR6 engines."

A spray bar for the lifters would be good too.

> Kai

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489