Trials plus an exhaust question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trials plus an exhaust question
From: "mjmullin@juno.com" <mjmullin@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:44:26 GMT
Hello all:
I'm starting to get my car ready for the Trials in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
(putting air in the tires, draining the varnish out of the gas tank, etc. -
just kidding, but it is shameful how little I've had the car out this summer)
and I wanted to pass along that the special rate ($89) at the host hotel
(Sheraton Suites) is good through August 29th.  So, if you're thinking about
it, now's the time to get registered and get a hotel room.  I believe that you
can access additional info and registration forms through 6-PACK's website and
the North Coast Triumph Association's website.
On an unreated topic, I'm always amazed at the wealth of knowledge and
technical expertise our listers have.  I was wondering if anyone could speak
to the pros or cons of adding an "H" pipe crossover between the intermediate
exhaust pipes (somewhere in the area of the transmission) in a dual pipe
system.  I believe its been discussed that the best performing setup is a
large single pipe (the diameter I'm unsure of) all the way back.  Am I
accurate in reacalling that to be most efficient, the pipe (or possibly a
cone?) should stick out past the rear bumper several feet?  Not practical, for
sure.
The "X" pipe and "H" pipe systems seem to be popular for the 5.0 liter V-8
Mustang crowd in the Jeg's and Summit catalogs, I was just wondering if this
"pulse" type technology might work for those of us running dual exaust?  The
factory changed from single to dual for a reason, didn't they?  Looking
forward to your repsonses, and seeing old friends and new in Cuyahoga Falls
next month.
Matt Mullin - 6-PACK Chairman