RE: Trials plus an exhaust question

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Trials plus an exhaust question
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:34:10 -0400
Hi Jim,

Can't speak to the 6-2-1 header but have just installed a large single pipe.
I stuck with the twin port exhaust manifold and made my own head pipe using
larger tubing that feeds into a single 2.5" stainless pipe. My car is
supercharged hence the oversize piping. Mounted like the original is a
Dynomax stainless muffler with a single 2.5" outlet. It is louder than I
hoped probably because of the type of Dynomax chosen. This model is straight
thru from inlet to outlet. Looks as if you could drop tennis balls right
through! I'm going easy trying to get used to it and all my buddies say it
isn't too loud. Oh sure.

Here are links to the new exhaust that is a bit louder than I'd hoped for:

http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/muffler.jpg

http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/frontpipe.jpg

http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/flange.jpg

Rick Patton