RE: sticking throw out bearing

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sticking throw out bearing
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:59:43 -0700
        Joe:

        If your clutch is notchy during release, you have the dreaded
"sticky clutch syndrome" caused by the front cover on the gearbox, not
the input shaft.
        If this is indeed the problem, you will need to pull the gearbox
to correct the issue, which involves polishing and chamfering the front
cover. Greasing will not correct the problem, although you can prevent
its occurrence with a bit of grease or copper slip. This would be a good
opportunity to cross drill and pin your clutch fork while you are in
there.
        Here is a hyperlink to a tech article so you can see if this is
your problem.

        http://home.comcast.net/~v.navarrette/TR6_tech/Sticky_Clutch.zip

        Cheers,

        Vance