Re: sticking throw out bearing

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sticking throw out bearing
From: Kevin Thompson <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:31:41 -0400
Joe said:   ".... Anyway, my pedal feels and sounds like an old screen door,
creaking spring sort of sound........."
   Joe, I had the same noise with my Gundst set up. Come to find out, it was
the return spring attached to the push rod under the car. When I depressed the
clutch, it made a loud "ping" sound, and I thought for sure the clutch pin was
broken. After a few weeks, I finally got underneath the car and had someone
else depress the clutch. I lubed up the spring and all is well, saving my need
to pull the tranny......again!!
  I hope this is what's wrong with yours, too.
Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod,Ma
'76 TR6
'59 TR3A